Nowadays the word “Baccarat” is used to describe the American Baccarat, this is one of the most widely spread variants of this popular game. But you can also find some other versions if baccarat in different countries all over the world. Very often they have various names and rules, but the base is the same, your target is to collect a hand which has 9 scores or as close to this number as possible.
The differences between these games can be described as who can play as the banker, discrepancy in drawing rules and some other peculiarities.
In comparison with the American version this game has two main differences:
- You can choose if you draw or stand on 5
- The banker (who is controlled by the dealer) has the opportunity to draw the third card; but in practice the casinos usually follow the American Baccarat rules.
The casino support the hand of a banker, for instance in a case the banker funds $2,000, the first and the second players bet $1,000 each, the other players can’t bet any more. In one player wishes to cover the bet of a banker he says “banco” and other players are not allowed to bet this time. The players who bet with the bank have to give 4-5% to the bank in a case they win.
Some other rules:
- one bank’s hand and two players’ hands are dealt
- the player can bet on one or even both of the players’ hands but not to the banker’s
- this game doesn’t have strict drawing rules, but sometimes the dealers follow widely spread American rules.
Some more differences:
- Some casinos provide the commission of less than 5%
- The payouts on Tie bet sometimes are paid 9 to 1, but an also varies in different casinos
- In the most part of European casinos the chips are used for playing Baccarat, while in USA the casino prefer real money which makes this game especially thrilling and exiting.
Existing baccarat variations:
American Baccarat – In spite of the number of the players who seat at the table, the croupier deals only two hands: for the Banker and the Player. So you have to bet on the result of the game trying to guess which of the hands will have the number of scores closer to 9. You have the opportunity to bet on any hand or bet on a tie…
Baccarat en Banque – You find this game in some European casinos, the main difference is only house acts as a banker (the special casino worker- Croupier), but the target is still the same: to come as closer to 9 scores as you can…
Chemin de Fer – You have a chance play this game in casinos in France and some other European countries, but you can hardly find it in North America, where the American Baccarat is so popular…
Mini Baccarat – Mini Baccarat is the variant of the popular game which is based on the same rules as the American Baccarat has, but it provides the lover bet limits. The table is also smaller in comparison with the traditional game…